At Cavli Wireless we are committed to the privacy and securing of the data we hold about you. Throughout the data collection process, all necessary steps are taken to ensure that data is used only for the purposes we clearly state. The data that we collect will depend on the service we provide to you.
This Privacy Statement is designed to assist you in understanding how Cavli Wireless uses and safeguards the information you provide to us in using Cavli Wireless’s Websites and Services. You should read this policy along with the terms and conditions of the other services we provide to you.
- “Cavli” means the entity Cavalier Wireless Inc. DBA Cavli Wireless Inc.
- “Services” means the any and all services and hosted software applications provided by Cavli, including but not limited to, the Cavli API, the Cavli Cloud, Cavli’s web IDE, Cavli’s Project Share Website, Cavli’s website and any other software services offered by Cavli.
- “You” means yourself and any entities you represent.
- “Products” means both the physical products produced and sold by Cavli, including, for example, the Cavli Connectivity Modules, Cavli Compute Modules, and any kits such as the Cellular IoT Kits; and the firmware, provided by Cavli, the Cavli Hubble, that is programmed onto certain of these physical products.
- “Third Party Products” – includes but is not limited to applications, websites, APIs, software, or hardware that interacts with, uses or connects to any Cavli Products or Services.
- “Website(s)” means any web domains owned, operated, branded or co-branded by Cavli Wireless Inc.
How Cavli Collects Data
- Cavli collects certain data from visitors to Cavli Websites in order to continuously improve and enhance our customer’s experiences. This data is collected via the following methods:
- Cavli, like many other websites, will store session information (often called “Cookies”) in your browser that will help Cavli to identify information such as browsing activity, IP addresses and page view order. You do have the option to not use these Cookies; the majority of browsers will have a “help” tool that will help you to prevent Cookies if you want to, but Cavli recommends you keep Cookies active as it will provide a better user experience on Cavli’s Websites.
- When You visit Cavli Websites, Cavli web servers automatically log typical website analytic data from visitors to our site. This data, which may include details such as browser type, IP addresses, site visit length and referral URL, is used for systems administration, detecting use patterns and generally improving customer experience.
- Cavli sees and logs non-personally identifiable data when You use Cavli Services. Cavli logs this data in our system and stores it on Third-Party servers. The only identifiable information this data is connected to will be the account details You supplied when creating Your account.
Treatment of Information We Collect
- When You create an account with Cavli, You provide us with data that includes an email address and password. Cavli may also give you the option to voluntarily share other data with us that is connected to your account. If any of these details change, You may update your account at any time and modify, correct or delete your account details.
- If you are using Cavli to connect a Product to the Cavli Cloud, You will be required to identify a network and corresponding network password. This information exists only locally, and Cavli does not have access to it. When You connect a Product, a specific Product ID will be sent to the Cavli Cloud, after which Cavli will be able to match a specific device ID to Your account details.
- You may choose to contribute and interact on Cavli Websites including the Project Share Site and forum Website. You will have the opportunity to choose what information (other than Your user name which is not optional) you would like to make public. You may choose whether to display or give out your contact details and other personally identifiable information on the Websites.
- When You actively provide information on Cavli Websites, for example when You post, message or interact on the Cavli Hubble site, Cavli may retain that data for You for later use. This data is stored on secure third-party servers.
- You may actively provide payment details when purchasing Products from Cavli. Cavli uses a third-party secure e-commerce site with a Level 1 PCI compliant payment system, for direct online sales. No employees of Cavli have access to the credit card details associated with these purchases.
Information provided by third parties
- At times Cavli may collect information from Third-Parties that use our Services or Products. They may provide us with Personal or Anonymous Data that we will use to continue to improve our Services and Products.
How is data used by Cavli?
- Email addresses and any other information supplied by You may also be used by Cavli to respond to emails, phone calls and requests. In addition, Cavli may use the data that identifies the Product IDs associated with Your account to provide information and technical assistance to You. For example, Your email address and device details may be used to respond to a technical support question that You send to Cavli.
- Cavli may collect and create anonymous data by excluding personally identifiable information. Cavli reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties at its sole discretion.
How is data kept secure?
- Cavli uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption on the APIs (Application Programming Interface) and Websites operated by Cavli.
- Cavli uses RSA and AES encryption to communicate with Products.
- Data collected by Cavli via its Websites and Services is stored on secure third-party servers.
When is data shared?
- Cavli may at some point have a third-party process or analyze some of the data we have collected.
- When appropriate, Cavli may share data with entities and persons who are actively doing business with Cavli and have entered into a contract with Cavalier Wireless Inc. DBA Cavli (such as companies that have created “Powered by Cavli” products). A company of this sort will have access to the data generated by individuals who are users of the product created and sold by said company.
- Cavli may share aggregated or anonymous data publicly or as described above in section 3.3
- Cavli will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Cavli if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Cavli, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Cavli will not intentionally gather information from children under the age of 13.
- The section headers in this agreement are for structure only.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or concerns about our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, or if you require any additional information, please contact our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org